Formats: Amazon Instant Video
Amazon Prime members watch at Amazon.com for free!
The Knife Defense Fundamentals video covers the essential basics of defending against the knife and gives you a solid foundation. Learn to use stance and distance to your advantage, evade an attack, close the distance for a counter, change the line of attack, control the knife arm, reverse your opponents momentum, apply standing restraint and control locks, understand the principles of a knife attack and take an attacker to the ground where you can successfully immobilize him, neutralizing the threat of the knife. Then put your new skills to work in 23 sample attack and defense scenarios that you can practice with a partner.
- 7 Action Steps for Successful Knife Defense
- Stance and footwork: using positioning and distance to your advantage
- Looping: evasion and distance control
- Deflecting: changing the line of attack
- Gripping: control the knife arm
- Inversion: reverse the attackers momentum
- Pinion: standing restraints and ground immobilizations
- Finishing techniques
- Immobilizing an attacker with a choke, wrist lock, head lock, chin lock, body lock, takedown or pin
- 23 Sample practice scenarios with variations
- Applying the 4 tactical concepts of closing, passing, cutting in and coupling